INSTRUCTIONS ON USING SAVE FILES FOR GTA IV The Ballad Of Gay Tony:
1. Download desired GTA IV The Ballad Of Gay Tony save game file to your desktop.
2. Extract the archive content using WinZip or the other similar software.
3. Your'll get SGTA414 file. Right click to it and select Copy
4. Navigate to game save directory (your PC user name instead of USERNAME):
Win7&Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (last value is different for each pc)
WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (last value is different for each pc)
, and delete all files from there (you may backup them, in case you want to restore your old save game status). Paste previously copied files.
5. Start your copy of GTA IV The Ballad of Gay Tony and load the last savegame slot.
NOTE: if you have a brand new game installation (which means you didn't play game before using downloaded savegame), it is recommended to start the game, and exit right after the first mission starts. Do this before following the instructions above. This will create necessary files within the game save directory.